Monday, August 12, 2013

Goals for Motherhood : 52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose



I'm so excited to be doing my first link up with Becky on my Goals for Motherhood! When I first saw this link-up I wasn't sure if I would be able to put my goals into words, like a lot of other mothers have felt, they seem to range from deep inspiring goals to just my daily goals to survive. This post really has made me evaluate myself, put my goals into words and hopefully stick to them the best I can! So here it goes...


I've only been a mother for what seems like a short 9 months now, but motherhood has been something that has been on my mind since I was a little girl. I've narrowed down my goals to 5 that I feel are important to me.




{one}
Laugh. If there is one thing I really want to instill in my children is something that has been handed down from my grandparents and that is to be able to laugh in any given situation. I think that even in the hardest times it's important to be able to step back and laugh because it is just so good for the soul. As my mom sat with her mom in the last days of her life, the best way her and siblings got through it was to just laugh. They were always taught that there is nothing too serious that you couldn't laugh about. 

 

 
{two}
Putting my children first. My mom has demonstrated such great examples of what it is to be an amazing mother, I honestly feel that if I'm half the mom she is I would consider my children very lucky. A goal of mine is to always put my children first and their needs over mine, always. They deserve the world and I want them to be able to achieve it! On that note I also want them to chase their dreams and stay humble at the same time.  I want to teach them to be nice to everyone and hope they can understand that each person has their own story full of their own struggles and that a smile or hug can go a long way.





{three}
Patience is truly a virtue. My goal is to teach my children the importance of being patient. I find myself at times losing my cool when I get frustrated, but I have to remember in order for Noelle to learn to be patient I must first demonstrate it myself. There are so many things we need to patient for in life but mostly I want her to know to be patient in Gods plans for her because his timing is always perfect. 




{four}
Happiness. Such a simple goal, but so important. I want my children to be happy and to enjoy all the little things in life. I want them to enjoy the simple days at home playing to any adventurous trips we may take and to always be thankful for what they have. I want them to be able to spread the gift of happiness to all of those around them. 




{five}
Traveling. Lastly and just as important as the others, my goal as mother is to show the world to my children as much as I can. My parents did all they could to give me the experiences of seeing different cultures and places. I have been on countless trips to the beach, I've traveled from New York to Florida to Texas to California, I've traveled abroad to Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic and so many more places. Coming from a small town like Clarion there's not a whole lot of opportunity for growth and I feel these experiences are so important to be able to grow as an individual.


So here you have it, my major goals of motherhood but I honestly feel like I could go on and on with an endless amount of goals. I think this is because I'm constantly learning and changing everyday as a mother and this will always lead me to new goals for myself and my children.




 

Kelly Erin 






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS